As your future Town Council member, my priorities are:
Our Town’s Economy - Develop A Plan For Long-Term Success
It’s vital to develop an innovative, equitable and flexible plan that engages the entire community and business owners to ensure the well-being of Los Gatos for generations. My commitment and passion to town government, coupled with nearly 40 years as a leading financial manager and business owner, attest to my ability to provide fiscal success and transparency.
- Engage - actively listen to the needs of our businesses and community members in all Los Gatos districts
- Recover - develop a sustainable plan to alleviate hardship, curtail the impact of the pandemic, and restore economic vitality
- Thrive - work with local, county, state and federal agencies to leverage existing resources and explore new funding opportunities
- Report -monitor and report measurable goals and achievements
Our Neighborhoods - Preserve Beauty And Charm
We live in a beautiful town and we cannot take it for granted. With eight years on the Planning Commission, including two as chair, I will work to ensure the ideals that make Los Gatos great are never compromised.
- Housing - work to implement a viable plan to meet housing needs for our elderly, young families and lower income residents and actively support and facilitate Accessory Dwelling Units, while assuring that we maintain the unique character and quality of life in this town
- The North 40 And More - adhere to smart, sound practices for development projects - such as the North 40 - to enhance open space and natural beauty, offer business opportunities and access to freeways and transportation while minimizing the impact on neighborhoods
- Parking - create a comprehensive parking plan for the town and our businesses
- Traffic - collaborate with local and state officials, schools and residents to address traffic conditions that have plagued our town, especially during the summer
Our History and Environment - Protect And Enrich
We must preserve our historic districts and maintain the character of our neighborhoods, while thoughtfully planning for intelligent development. With eight years of service on the Historic Preservation Committee, I look forward to helping guide this endeavor.
- Funding - review and assess state and federal funding laws that will protect our precious historic assets
- Preservation - audit and update our standards and guidelines for historic preservation to assure that our neighborhoods retain their valuable historic charm
- Protection - protect our green hills and open spaces for enjoyment by all
Our Community - Vitality, Health And Safety, and Diversity
The health, safety and diversity of our town are very important – across all age groups. As a former hospital board member, a 10-gallon blood donor, sponsor and volunteer for town events, advocate of school, traffic and pedestrian safety, proponent of diversity and opportunity, and strong supporter of our youth, I am prepared to expand these vital programs.
- Preparedness - be prepared for natural disasters and our response, including managing all safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic, to safeguard the well-being of residents and businesses
- Response - develop a comprehensive network and platform for effective co-ordination and communication between our Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), the police, fire departments, hospitals and medics
- Transportation - develop a bike, pedestrian and school safety master plan, along with effective local transportation for the elderly
- Diversity - work together to foster and support diversity in our town and provide equal opportunity for all including race, gender and transgender, culture, religion, age, capability and disability
- Our Town - support our town-wide events, including the arts, music, athletic and service organizations